This chocolate cream puff recipe is super simple and it’s something the kids love to help make, especially if they get to taste the chocolate cream filling along the way. But hey, who can say no to chocolate? I’ll get right to this recipe because its too good to delay.
- 250g margarine(275ml)
- 210g castor sugar (250ml)
- 2 eggs
- 110g dried coconut (375ml)
- 260g cake flour (500ml)
- 10g cocoa (25ml)
- 5ml baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Grease a baking tray.
- Cream together the margarine and castor sugar.
- Add the eggs one by one and mix well after adding each one.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Sieve flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to the margarine and castor sugar mixture and knead lightly until you have a soft dough.
- Roll into small balls and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Assemble 2 biscuits at a time, adding the filling in between them.
Chocolate Cream Filling
- 12g Margarine (12.5ml)
- 100g sugar (125ml)
- 125ml milk
- 2ml vanilla essence
- 280g icing sugar (500ml)
- Add margarine and sugar to a pot and stir over low heat until golden brown.
- Add milk and vanilla essence, and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the icing sugar. Mix until creamy.
These are a perfect little, bite-sized treat, especially for the holidays. They’re great to pack for picnics or even as lunch box treats. The chocolate cream puffs can even be decorated a little with a drizzle of chocolate, edible glitter or sprinkles to add an extra touch. You could even add some edible candy eyes, red M&Ms and pretzel sticks to turn them into spooky Halloween spiders or cute Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeers.
I’d love to hear your feedback on this chocolate cream puff recipe so please leave a comment or if you have any tips of your own, please let me know. If you make this recipe please tag me on Instagram.
To check out some more of my favorite recipes click here.